Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should the Reds be active for trades?
I'd prefer more fans who know a bit about baseball and not just fans who want trades for the sake of making trades. Trades seldom occur just because some fan thinks the best players in the league can be had  for a song and dance. 'Trade all our underperforming players for the all star lineup because...well, just because..'
Currently batting averages are down around the league so it's not unique to just the Reds.
I've seen a fair amount of bashing Peraza, but even though he got off to a slow start he's been picking it up quite a bit of late. I don't want to see Iglesias traded away from our SS position at this point at all and in fact would hope they can reach a deal for another season or two.
I'm unsure about Scooter. Nobody knows how he'll perform once he's back and his defensive skills are sometimes suspect. People often act like he can do no wrong ever.. I'm open to keeping him around, but if he comes in and hits .203 the rest of the season he won't remain a fan favorite for long.
While Dietrich provided quite a bit of pop early on he's also had periods of little to no production. His defence also isn't the greatest. Winker is another one. He can hit, but this season he looks pretty damned weak and I don't even remember his last HR. He's effectively useless against left handers..same for Dietrich for that matter.
Pitching is pretty solid, but a few guys can be moved. I like the starting rotation and most of the bullpen. I think Iglesias as the stopped needs to be looked at. If he doesn't pick things up he needs to be taken out of the stopper role in favor of Garrett IMO.. He can't be counted on in extra innings or in tie games. His splits tell a pretty sad tale under pressure especially..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should the Reds be active for trades? - grampahol - 06-13-2019, 07:56 AM