Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates
(08-17-2019, 12:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Really? Cause I remember a lot of “Mediocre Merv” and blaming him for all our prime time and playoff woes.

So my point is Marvin got it every bit as bad as Dalton, if not worse. Despite a winning record.

There's a vocal group that thinks that way, sure. I'm just saying that I believe the majority of Bengals fans would tell you that yes, Marvin was a pretty good coach despite his shortcomings. That small vocal group is a lot more pronounced on a small messageboard like this one, especially since they tend to be the ones who'll bring him up the most.

I think Andy gets more slack then Marvin does, but that's mainly because Marvin built up quite a bit of equity by turning us around when he took over. He banked a lot of goodwill in those first 3 years. Marvin took over a dumpster fire, while Andy took over for a guy that many people still view as the golden child at QB based on 2 seasons that happened years before he even got here (and 2 seasons that happened well after he left). 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread