Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many and what kind of pets?
I've had lots of dogs and cats in my life I've lost count, but I think I'm down to my last pet, an elderly old outdoor cat so boney she's a walking skeleton with fur anymore.
I got so attached to my dogs (and cats to a lesser degree) and always had to give them up or they ran away or got run over by cars or something always came up. Only one died of old age, but I missed them all and ended up crying for weeks on end so...no more. After old Chairman Meow is gone she'll be the last pet I'll ever own. The last dog I got attached to I had about 8 years. I found her as a pup and had to leave her in Texas with my sister, but she began biting people after I left so she had to give her away too.. I really missed her more than I realized.. I just can't do it anymore. 
If my wife ever keels over before me she too will be the last..  I REALLY hate loses like that... I think it goes back to abandonment issues with the last two women I was with. All my exes left me in Texas..True story too.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
How many and what kind of pets? - Jason_NC - 08-06-2019, 11:19 AM
RE: How many and what kind of pets? - grampahol - 08-15-2019, 04:32 AM