Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most impressive AFCN teams Week 2
(09-21-2015, 03:21 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: First, logic does. 

Never a good start to just say "logic" when discussing subjective rankings.

Quote:Look at their rosters, top to bottom and then say the Titans are on the same tier as the Chargers. Unless you are ready to say that the Titans are better than the Chargers your stance is invalid. Now, if you want to make that statement, I'm sure everyone will be happy to save it and revisit it at the end of the year.

I believe my last post had me saying that the Chargers will probably do better this season. I said that until the season progresses, we can only look at their current performance, though, when stating how well a team played. We can say that a lot of teams look great on paper, but we play 16 games for a reason. The Ravens are a far superior team on paper than the Raiders. That didn't stop the Raiders offense from torching the Ravens D.

Quote:Second, Quarterbacks, a guy with 11 years in the league vs a guy making start #2 in his life. A rookie QB on the road got beat. That's what is supposed to happen to rookie QBs on the road, they struggle as the adjust to the speed of the NFL. 

That argument wouldn't have worked very well in the "most impressive team week 1" thread as you cannot mention Manning's past what-so-ever because he is apparently really bad now. I actually would agree that in 4 cases out of 5, the team with an established veteran should be much better than the rookie. That doesn't really mean much until they play, though. There are a lot of people getting hung up over "on paper" and not "on the field". On the field, the Chargers barely put away an 0-2 team while at home. On the field the Bengals let the Chargers linger the whole game, only winning by 5. On the field, the Titans blew out a 1-1 team while on the road. On the field, the Browns went into the half with a 21 point lead and, after that, spent 26 of the next 30 minutes leading by 14 or more. 

Take away who it is and ask "Is it more impressive to maintain a double digit lead for 80% of the game or more impressive to win by 5"? Because even if you want to play the "tier" game, what tier are the Browns? 

Quote:This is a Brad like level of trolling you are doing. 

I'll refrain from the personal attacks, but it's really telling when this is all the ammo you have.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most impressive AFCN teams Week 2 - BmorePat87 - 09-21-2015, 07:25 AM