Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy has lowest int % of big 4
(09-13-2019, 03:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't know about when he was with the Cards, but when he was here, Carson was much better in the pocket than Dalton. As soon as Carson's back foot planted, he immediately started 'climbing the pocket' and he was able to manipulate the pocket just enough to get room. Dalton drops back and stays in his spot. When he does have to move, he has a habit of running stright out to his left and having to throw against his body. He literally has no ability to move around in the pocket and create space. 

Dalton is a good passer and he's one of the smartest QBs in the game today. If he could just somehow learn to manipulate the pocket, he would be very good. 

Dalton was selected in 2011 to replace Palmer. He was selected because he fit the offensive scheme that Jay Gruden created for the Bengals as the new OC. AJ was an easy pick but finding a QB that fit the new scheme resulted in the team selecting AD. 

When Hue Jackson took over the offense his offense was also designed around Dalton ability.

My issue isn't with Andy Dalton; it is with the coaches trying to fit a triangle into a round hole. 

If the triangle isn't working and you want the round hole than you better go get that circle to ensure success. That is what the Bengals need to do with the draft or maybe said player is already on the team just waiting to show what they can do when given the chance to play with the firt team. 

If the Bengals get to 0-8 I would start to use the other two QBs to evaluate them for next year to see if they are worth keeping around. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy has lowest int % of big 4 - jason - 10-19-2019, 08:46 PM
RE: Andy has lowest int % of big 4 - MEBengalsFan - 10-15-2019, 01:52 PM