Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senzel May be Done for Season
(09-12-2019, 07:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think a lot of fans overestimate the amount of talented players available.

There are 15 NL teams and there are only 18 NL outfielders with a higher OPS than Winker's .830.  And he is only 25.

I get that and I understand continuing to try to develop him. His salary is nice too. They may just go into next year with the 4 outfields that they currently have. The offense wasn’t impressive and I just don’t know where to try to improve the team. You can’t do it at first base. Catcher isn’t as bad as many believe and I wouldn’t devote big money to that position anyways. 2B, SS, C, CF, LF. All of these positions are fielded by just adequate players. The problem is that’s a large group of mediocre but adequate positions. A stud 3B and RF along with a declining 1B. It just isn’t enough. They will probably bring in about 3 new relievers but I think they need more than that. If they brought in a legitimate closer, a stud position player and a couple more seasoned relievers then they could get past Bells management and compete.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Senzel May be Done for Season - Circleville Guy - 09-12-2019, 10:34 PM