Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When do we make the switch at QB?
(09-23-2019, 10:11 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I disagree.

Teams disrespect our line, and I can't blame them.  Whether it is against the run or the pass, they are bringing the heat at our linemen, as they haven't been able to punch anyone in the mouth.  We've made attempts to counter it with screens, but not often enough.  Even the times we've tried it we have allowed defenders inside that triangle to break it up or stop it short.

Sir, the coach came out and explained it in press conferences recapping the games. The reporters all came out and said it after the games. The players said it after the games. 

I don't know what else you need as evidence, but you just covering your ears to all of that and saying "punch in mouth" isn't nearly as persuading as all of the above. Teams are putting more  men on the line than the Bengals have blockers. They are not doing so and blitzing. They are doing so to fill gaps and stop the run. This has been covered and explained by the above for almost  3 weeks.

This is why they are throwing so much. They have said that. Literally.

That being said, if they drafted 5 O Linemen and some LBs in 2020, I would be fine w it. I absolutely think those guys should be much better.

I have seen AD's entire career. He is in his 30s. He doesn't have "it". His deal is up soon. He is what he is: John Kitna w/ out the Jesus. Time to move on.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: When do we make the switch at QB? - PDub80 - 09-23-2019, 11:38 PM