Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polian: Questioning Bengals playoff success "absurd"
(05-18-2015, 05:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You mean the Lion's of the 90s aren't well regarded for going one-n-done 5 times in 7 seasons? Ninja

No, no they aren't...in fact that is considered the franchise that squandered Barry Sanders.  Go figure.

Good comparison. Honestly, I forgot that the Lions made the playoffs that many times back then. They only won 1 playoff game during Barry's career. Such a shame.

(05-18-2015, 06:22 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Watching wins is far more exciting than watching losses, so I'd rather get the wins.  It's not much different in the end though, it's just a far bigger let down and it's more frustrating to go 11-5 and then one and done in the playoffs than to go 4-12 and be eliminated from playoff contention in week 11.

I'd rather win too. I'm just saying that I don't lose interest just because the team is losing. If I had that kind of attitude, I would've never made it through the 90's.

I'm also saying that when I'm almost positive the team is destined to lose in the playoffs, it kind of take away the luster of making the playoffs.

I get that only 1 team can win the Super Bowl each year, but I want to see the team progress, and they haven't done that over the last 4 years. They're stuck in a rut.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Polian: Questioning Bengals playoff success "absurd" - Shake n Blake - 05-19-2015, 12:51 AM