Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
5 Games in and We're Leading the Tankathon!
(10-08-2019, 02:45 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Add the Browns to the possible victory list. They don't play the Bengals until the second Sunday in December. Who knows what that team will look like in two months. They'll probably inflict more damage on themselves than the opponents.

I want them to trade down and pick up more quality help on the lines and LB than just a first round and second round pick. If there is anything like Quenton Nelson in next years draft, I want him in Cincinnati.

Anybody thinking that an early first round QB next year is going to fix this mess is lost. 2021 is when you go for your guy and make him sit at least until they are out of the playoffs. Build up the core of this team before you draft "the savior" or you'll wind up with the next Akili.

I agree with your thinking. Regardless of what some posters think, the talent level on this roster is, in general, pathetic. And a 1st round QB won't fix that. It may mask it but it won't fix it.

On offense, what studs do we have? AJ and Mixon. What could start somewhere else guys do we have? Boyd, Gio and possibly Dalton depending on the team. And I'm not mentioning Eiffert in either category because he's injured more often than not. So, on offense , 5/11 of the roster are NFL-quality starters.

On defense, same question. Stud ... Geno. Starters elsewhere? Probably Dunlap, WJ III, and Bates. So 4/11 of the defense are NFL-quality starters.

There's also been a lot of talk on this board about making trades to get draft picks. But who do you trade and what do you get in return? You probably can get a #1 for AJ. The Dalton-haters may want him gone, but you probably only get a 3rd rounder in return. Since Geno and Carlos are getting long-in-the-tooth, their ceilings are probably 2nd round and 4th round. So trading our 4 best older players gets an extra pick in the first 4 rounds. With the 8 picks we'd then have, we ought to be able to draft 3 OL starters and 3 LB starters in the 2020 draft.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 5 Games in and We're Leading the Tankathon! - PV Bengal - 10-08-2019, 10:40 AM