Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Clear Path Forward - 2019-2020
The reality is that you are building a team around a draft hoping everything improves. How many OL come out of the draft as the next big hype only to be that a hype but nothing more. The Bengals have seen plenty of hype players fail and going this route it could be just that. Browns have done this more than once and yet look where they are now still trying to find a team to get into the playoffs.

IMO, the team does build through the drafts but don't throw away the pieces you have now if they want to stick around. If you have a player like CD or CP that wants out you do trade those cancer players and get what you can for a draft pick. As for the players that want to be here like Green, you keep them and build around them the best you can with drafting smart and filling the gaps in with FA.

The Bengals haven't been great with either lately as both FA and drafted players either get injured or simply don't live up to the hype that they had from their prior place.

The Bengals have many of the pieces in place to compete now and next year. I think that the better path is just simply draft best available player and don't try to reach for players (like Sample).

I honestly had high hopes for this team until Jonah injury than AJ injury. After Glenn I basically said this team isn't going to win many games with this OL and without any true LT. Yet the team continues to perform decent enough to be in games. The Bengals could be 3-2 right now and not 0-5. That is something to think about and if the team was 3-2 we wouldn't even be talking about tearing apart the team for the future now would we. No instead, we would be talking about who we could pluck from another team to help improve our team to make the playoffs and maybe even win a playoff game.

It is funny how close this team is to 3-2 and yet so many want to simply tear the team apart for the future and place the future of so many important pieces into the hands of rookies that may not even pan out.

The coaches and players know what is going on and happening in the locker room.

I'll leave the direction of the team up to those with in the know information about the players they want to keep and players they want to bring in that matches the scheme the coaches are using, because I'm far from being on the inside of what is happening.

We all can state whatever we want as Armchair coaches, managers, etc... but the reality is we don't have the inside information that determines how the team is managed.

Though Troy Blackburn comment kinda tells me that he doesn't know any better either.

The only thing I think the Bengals need is a GM that know how to run a NFL team.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
A Clear Path Forward - 2019-2020 - Okeana - 10-10-2019, 01:31 PM
RE: A Clear Path Forward - 2019-2020 - J24 - 10-10-2019, 03:04 PM
RE: A Clear Path Forward - 2019-2020 - J24 - 10-11-2019, 04:55 PM
RE: A Clear Path Forward - 2019-2020 - MEBengalsFan - 10-11-2019, 11:46 AM