Poll: Have you ever been to a Bengals Home Game or an Away Game?
Home Game
Away Game
Both Home and Away
Never Been to a Live Game
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Have you ever Been To a Bengals Home Game or an Away Game?
Riverfront/Cinergy multiple times.
First game there was the worst, Grandfather died during the week, we drove to Cincinnati from Chicago anyway for the game and it was Klingler's first start. To this day my mother despises Barry Foster thanks to a Steeler fan sitting behind us who knew a grand total of two words and repeatedly was showing off his limited vocabulary by shouting "Go Barry, Go Barry, Go Barry!" for 3 hours straight.

Best game was on my 17th Birthday, against the Steelers (again). They lost, but I got down by the locker-room after the game, got tons of autographs, was interviewed for a post-game radio show, got onto the field and ran around a bit, then had Eric Bieniemy, Ashley Ambrose and their WAGs come up to our table at the Boathouse and hang out with me for about an hour as we finished dinner because they knew it was my B-day and I'd come from Chicago for the game. Coolest Birthday I've ever had and likely will ever have.

PBS multiple times. 
Best game was Benson's one man vendetta game against the Bears. The night before, while talking to Bears fans outside the downtown Hyatt, one of them asked how Benson was doing for us. I told him Cedric was running angry against normal NFL teams, against the Bears he'd be a madman and that the Bears were going to be destroyed. They laughed. They weren't laughing about 16 hours later.

Worst was the 2009/10 Playoff loss to the Jets.

Soldier Field (pre-UFO) at least once. 
All I remember (I was little) was that the Bears were up by less than 7 with under a minute remaining, kneeled to kill off the clock, and b/c I was a little kid and didn't understand clock management yet I started screaming at the field that the Bears were cowards and to play. For some insane reason I thought we'd have a chance with 30 seconds left if only the Bengals got the ball back.

Who I've gone with has varied. Several games with my folks. Several games with friends. Several games solo.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you ever Been To a Bengals Home Game or an Away Game? - Ravage - 10-10-2019, 07:31 PM