Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor knows his approach is right and is trying to build a foundation for champion..
Q - Does the winless streak take a shot at your pride?
A - “Yes. When you know your approach is right, and you’re trying to build a foundation for championships to come, and the wins haven’t been there to this point in the season, that is frustrating. You can’t have a big ego in this. This league is hard. It’s very unforgiving sometimes, and we’re facing that right now. What we do know is that this is the toughest stretch we’re going to go through in our next 20 years here. This is going to be the toughest one. We find out a lot about the character of the people in this building and what the approach is going to be so we can look back on this and say that it made us stronger, because we faced the hardest it was ever going to be — the most adversity we ever face. These people stuck through it and did it the right way, and we’ll build on that. There’ll be a time — I can’t wait to look back on it — and say, ‘Remember when all that stuff happened?’ You guys will laugh with me, I promise (laughter). We’ll get there. This is one of the things we have to go through right now, unfortunately. We’re going to fight through it, and there are going to be some positive things as this season comes to an end.”

Q - If the team wins toward the end of the season, do you think that momentum can carry over to next season?
A - “I do. I really do. All the things you preach, work toward and emphasize — and we see a lot of examples of it happening on the field and off the field — you want to be rewarded for that. You’ve put in all this work, starting from when I sat up here for my press conference (when I was hired). That’s when the work started. For that hard work not to pay off with wins, that’s the easiest way to see it pay off ... We know that there are a lot of things going on that we feel like we’re improving, but the wins certainly put a stamp on that. We want that. We want as many wins as we can to close out this year.”

https://local12.com/sports/bengals/11-11-zac-taylor-press-conference-transcript-a-lot-of-things-that-we-need-to-fix-cincinnati-nfl-pro-football-ryan-finley-0-9-baltimore-ravens
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Taylor knows his approach is right and is trying to build a foundation for champion.. - THE PISTONS - 11-12-2019, 12:30 AM