Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car dealership horror stories
In the late '90's I had a Ford Probe. The radio would go on and off randomly. It was still under warranty, but when I took it to the dealership there was never any problem. At one point they replaced the radio but that did not fix the problem.

After the warranty had expired I had the car in a different Ford dealership garage just to get an estimate on some body damage. While it was there the radio went out. I told them that since there was a record that I had taken the car in to have the radio serviced while it was still under warranty then they still had to fix it under warranty. The service manager told me that was correct, but that I had to take the car back to the dealership that had failed to fix it. I raised holy hell about how a warranty from Ford should be good at any dealership. Finally he told me that he would have his men look at it and if they could fix it without having to order any new parts he would do it. They found a problem in the wiring and I never had the problem again.

The guy at the second dealership was just following official policy when he told me I would have to take it bac tot he original dealership. He was the one who dealt with most of my wrath, but he ended up helping me. The first dealership that could never find the problem were the ones who should have gotten chewed out.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Car dealership horror stories - Storer50 - 11-14-2019, 06:23 AM
RE: Car dealership horror stories - Benton - 11-16-2019, 09:48 PM
RE: Car dealership horror stories - Synric - 11-16-2019, 10:50 PM
RE: Car dealership horror stories - Synric - 11-18-2019, 01:33 PM
RE: Car dealership horror stories - fredtoast - 11-18-2019, 02:53 PM