Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Showing Interest in David Price
(12-13-2019, 12:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know anything bout Price's injury issues but I would MUCH rather have him at $15 mil.

I did some research.  Here is the deal.

First of all Price does not have a serious injury problem and has not "fallen off the cliff".  He was still very good in 2018 (30 starts, 16 wins, 3.58 ERA, 1.14 WHIP in regular season and a 1.98 ERA in 2 World Series wins).  He started off last year very good (7-2, 3.16 ERA in first 17 starts) but then developed a cyst in his wrist.  Since there was no structural damage or injury he tried to pitch through the pain.  He finished last year with a 4.28 ERA.  He had surgery to remove the cyst and since there was no real injury a full recovery is expected.

Price just turned 34 in August and is under contract for three more years.  He is due to make $32 million per year, and it is believed the Sox would eat $12 million a year.  So that means he would still cost us $20 million a year.

We would have to trade a player to get him, but it would not have to be anyone too good.  The Sox are mainly looking to get out of the contract.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds Showing Interest in David Price - fredtoast - 12-14-2019, 09:22 PM