Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton
(01-07-2020, 01:12 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: So your arguement is that Tua is more likely to get injured? and thats why Burrow is better?  Ive done heard it all now.  I dont care if people listen to me at all.  We can look back at these posts in a few years and im not the one who is gonna be eating large piles of crow.  I just find it funny that all Burrow lovers like yourself comepletely dismiss Burrows 2018 season like it never happened, and he is now magically worlds better.  Ignoring and dismissing all the warts as if he is the perfect prospect.

Who's better has nothing to do with injuries, but its a factor in determining draft value.  Never once have I said Joe Burrow is better than Tua or compared them as players on these forums.  You obviously either don't read what's said to you or you're so blinded with anger that others have questioned your opinion that you don't even bother to read replies.  Look you're not going to win anything in these discussions and you will never receive a cookie.  

Since all you want to do is talk about the comparison between the two and why Burrow is considered the #1 pick let's break it down for you.  

1.  Coming out of highschool Burrow was highly recruited but lacked the arm strength to be considered a starter at OSU.  He has said in many articles Urban Meyers called him girly arms.  He has consistently worked on this and started growing into his frame.

2.  When he came up for the starting job at OSU in 2016 he was passed over because he broke his hand and had surgery so Dwayne Haskin was given the starting job.

3.  He transferred to LSU the next year and started his first full year as a starter in a system that was designed around the run game.  He also had to have a full year of play to get accustomed to the speed of the game as a starter and because of that, he took a lot of sacks.  He again improved and learned from the situation never pointing blame at anyone else.

4.  We all know that this year he has put up the best passing record in college football history

The one consistent thing about the guy that makes me disregard the one-year wonder monicker is that he has an insane work ethic and never places blame on others.  He evaluates his flaws and improves on them which is something most young men do not do *cough*

The guy has zero off the field issues, history with drugs, problems with staff, no serious injury concerns, and is absolutely clutch in big moments.  There is nothing that I see on tape or personality-wise that throws up a red flag that this guy is a one year wonder and there have been plenty of successful NFL quarterbacks who only played a single season in college.  Accuracy doesn't lie and his ball placement is amazing not to mention he is statistically the most accurate QB in college football history and that's not even debatable. The next highest being Colt Mccoy and those two aren't even comparable.  Colt threw for 1400 yards less up till this point and his int to td was much higher.

Lastly, when it comes to comparing the two guys at the level their playing now I find them to be near equals when it comes to their potential.  They should be 1-2 in the draft IMO, but unfortunately, Tua did get hurt and it does matter when it comes to predicting longevity in the NFL. Everything else is just noise and preference. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton - Okeana - 01-07-2020, 01:56 PM