Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton
(01-07-2020, 03:36 PM)Okeana Wrote: 1.  I spoke about his 2018 weaknesses so how did I ignore it?

2.  omit;  no I am not omitting his weaknesses I am expressing that he overcomes weaknesses by addressing and improving upon them.  Which I find to be a favorable trait

3   They may draft Tua, just because Burrow is the #1 prospect doesn't mean he's our #1 prospect.  Considering our team history with injuries I think it's more likely they will want Burrow and no one has a magic ball so who knows.  TBH be it Burrows or Tua the one thing that worries me the most is offensive line in this draft and Taking advantage of this deep wide receiver class.  CB/LB is going to be hard for us to fix in the draft so I hope they actually make moves in free agency if they want to take advantage of our aging talent on the team.

4.  I am glad you're speaking more reasonably now about the subject and you have some good takes.  Just don't take this so personal.

You semi adresess his weaknesses and really didnt take on the fact he was one of the worst passers in the sec in 2018.  It wasnt just a decent season and then great season.  It was terrible season and now magical season. Historically we have seen this type of metoric rise over and over again.  A high percentage of people in this category fall somewhere inbetween and rarely are able to sustain the level of play from the 1 great season.

Ive been resonable the whole time.  People are just blinded by their love for burrow that they think by me saying joe isnt great is a personal attack against them.  I dont understand it at all.  I live in pittsburgh and am a bengals fan.  I have pretty thick skin.  Every year the draft rolls around I post more frequently and debate prospects with others.  Most of the time its very clear people have a very strong opinion of player x and they have only seen him play 2 games and its very frustrating.  If im talking about a player ive seen all or most of every game they have ever played.  I mean when somebody is talking about joe burrow having a pretty good 2018 its really hard to value what they are saying.  It just makes it obvious they are a casual fan that really hasnt watched joe, yet they want to tell me how big of an idiot I am.  These are usually the same types that quote something they read from "pff" or some draft site.  I havent really watched him but walter football says hes better so he has to be.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton - mikey6866 - 01-07-2020, 07:07 PM