Poll: What do you do with Ryan Finley in 2020
#2 (Backup)
#3 (Carry 3 QBs)
Release or Practice Squad
Other
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to Do With Ryan Finley
I kinda think this could make for some interesting conversation. I haven't seen it brought up much and I'm curious to hear what some think.

Just so we're clear, the premise of this thread hinges on the idea that we draft Joe Burrow. So for discussion's sake let's assume that to be true. We have drafted Joe Burrow, and he's our starter....

What would you like to see happen with Finley? Would you like him to be #2, do you want a vet brought in to backup, or do you have something cool in mind that maybe I don't even know about yet?

I'm of the opinion that a decent, but somewhat cheap veteran should be brought in. Not only to serve as a mentor, but also because I'm not sure Finley is a capable #2 just yet. And frankly, I'm not sure he will ever be. I need to see more.

The guys I'd target don't have to be world-beaters or the football equivalent of Yoda. Just players who have seen meaningful reps and PT, who can create some semblance of competition to push Burrow day-to-day, and someone he can bounce ideas off of. Also, a player that can potentially win you a spot-start or come in relief in a big game without you feeling totally f'd.

Some recent examples: Tyrod Taylor @ 5.5 mil, Ryan Fitzpatrick @ 3.3 mil, Blake Bortles @ 1.0 mil, Sam Bradford @ 5 mil...

So fwiw, my answer is to stash him on the practice squad and if he gets poached he gets poached.

Poll question options at the top...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
What to Do With Ryan Finley - Wes Mantooth - 01-06-2020, 02:10 PM
RE: What to Do With Ryan Finley - kevin - 01-06-2020, 02:24 PM
RE: What to Do With Ryan Finley - jason - 01-06-2020, 02:27 PM
RE: What to Do With Ryan Finley - Benton - 01-06-2020, 03:54 PM
RE: What to Do With Ryan Finley - phil413 - 01-06-2020, 09:12 PM
RE: What to Do With Ryan Finley - Whatever - 01-06-2020, 02:31 PM
RE: What to Do With Ryan Finley - CJD - 01-06-2020, 05:45 PM
What to Do With Ryan Finley - Storer50 - 01-07-2020, 05:55 AM
RE: What to Do With Ryan Finley - Benton - 01-08-2020, 04:52 AM