Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes - The Bengals will draft Burrow, but there are other things they could mess up
(01-16-2020, 10:42 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I don't think even the Bengals are stupid enough to NOT draft Joe Burrow - but I do think there are other things they could screw up.

I think they could mess up by NOT trading Andy Dalton before the draft or not trade him at all. I also think they could screw up by NOT having Joe Burrow play his rookie year and having him sit a year behind Dalton or someone else. They have already had a success case by doing it with Palmer. That's not how the NFL works anymore though with how rookie contracts are.

Burrow will be the pick - but just knowing how the Bengals operate I can see them screwing this up some other way.

Dalton is going to bring a 4th most likely (Not the fantasy some people have of a 1 or 2), I don't see some massive mistake if they don't trade him or if they eventually just release him. Joe Burrow will play his rookie year, all indications are the Palmer sitting thing was a Marvin idea not a Mike idea.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yes - The Bengals will draft Burrow, but there are other things they could mess up - Au165 - 01-16-2020, 12:22 PM