Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If You Were The GM Would You Take This Deal?
(02-01-2020, 10:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thinking back to the thread where the CBA and it's prospective changes were discussed, I seem to remember it being interpreted as every team MUST spend all of their rolled over money, as well as account for any and all futures and bonuses this year.  I could be wrong, but that is what I remember of it.

If that's the case, it's good and bad.  Every year the cap goes up a few mil.  It will do so again this year.  Compound that with teams being required to spend rollover (if that's the case), and you have a strong likelihood of seeing some mind-blowing contracts being dished out.  Of course, some teams won't be able to play that game if they're cap-heavy, but enough will to skew things.

We do this every year.  Like me, you're somewhat reasonable about FAs.  We're not necessarily asking for Littleton or Conklin.  Trevathan is a guy both of us have mentioned, and he could probably be had for 9 or 10 per.  Easily affordable.  However, what we will likely get is Nick Vigil for 8 mil.  Or Eifert for 10.  This team is good at allocating cap without competing for outside talent.  They won't get into a bidding war that they perceive as leading to an overpay.  They have zero regard for market value.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If You Were The GM Would You Take This Deal? - samhain - 02-02-2020, 12:16 AM