Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duke Tobin on why the Bengals didn't trade veteran players
(01-28-2020, 05:00 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: No. As much as I wanted Alexander gone, he isn’t responsible for not re-signing Whitworth or Zeitler. The people directly responsible for that mess aren’t gone. They still haven’t fixed the offensive line.

You missed the point.

Alexander was certainly responsible for drafting and cultivating the talent to replace those players.

That was on his shoulders. 

He whiffed and tried to justify his picks even though they were clearly not going to come close to growing into those starting positions.

Here is what The Family & Tobin had to deal with:

Whit wanted a longer term contract and was old with recent injury issues.

Zeitler got overpaid by the Browns just like most players who leave us to sign with them.

That was probably one of the weakest seasons that he had posted with us.

In conclusion I stated that in hindsight they should have just overpaid Zeitler and should learn from that situation.

I'm not going to say all posters agreed with how they handled Whitworth at the time but there were a lot who understood their situation.

I guess I'd have to say if reports are true that them thinking that Whit was just going to take what they offered by team loyalty was ridiculous.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Duke Tobin on why the Bengals didn't trade veteran players - BengalsRocker - 01-29-2020, 07:40 AM