Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Palmer training Burrow and more
(02-02-2020, 03:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Love Housh, but he just needs to close his pie hole. Trading Burrow for 3 first round picks would be a terrible move.

I get that Bengals ownership is bad, but the "trade Burrow" talk is already beyond stale and was NEVER a good idea for the Bengals.

Lets face it, the media sees a potential star in Burrow, and they don't want him going to a place they rarely talk about.

But in the end, the move would make 0 sense from the Bengals'  perspective. It'd be akin to the Colts trading away Luck.

Agreed Shake.

Everyone wants to say if they offer enough draft picks you just have to go with it.

If he is as good as everyone (despite the 1 year wonder concern) thinks he is there aren't enough draft picks to bump me off of Burrow without the guarantee of getting a truly good to go Tagavaloa and just a crap load of picks.

And no one will be able to guarantee Tua's there when we make our new pick.

When you have the potential for a true franchise QB (not a dim wad like Akili Smith that everyone I talked to knew was unlikely to be good) you just pick him.   How the Bengals missed the tea leaves on him I'll never know.   But I'm pretty sure they're not going to blow this decision.  The really interesting thing will be how they go about building the team around him.   And I have no certainty about how they will do it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jordan Palmer training Burrow and more - 3wt - 02-12-2020, 05:00 PM