Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walterfootball's 1/29/2020 mock
I follow Walterfootball's mocks a lot this time of year. I know all sites have their ups and downs, but I appreciate that they change weekly and go in depth, eventually to 7 round projections. It gives me some idea of where lesser known guys may or may not go. I disagree with a lot of things they say that come off as a bit lazy at times, but it's hard to get picky when someone is putting in the work to go that in depth and making changes that frequently.

Anyway, I was looking at their most recent version today, and I have to say that if we got anything close to it, I'd be ecstatic. They went 4 rounds in and got the following players:

1. Burrow
2. Austin Jackson, OT, USC
3. Justin Phillips, LB LSU
4. Damon Arnette, S, Ohio State.

I'd post my own mock, which is why I was looking at the site today to begin with, but I like this one better than any I could come up with. 2 potential defensive contributors plus a huge, athletic OT would be a real lift for this team.

The only change I'd make is pure conjecture, and it involves getting an additional third for Dalton and using it on a guard like Logan Stenberg or Ben Bredeson. I wouldn't mind a WR like Hodgins, KJ Hill (might be gone), or Bowden there, either (yes I'm a bit of a UK homer, but I think both will be fairly solid players). I would also rather have Dye than Phillips, but that's kind of a push.

I'm not sold on there being enough quality talent on the line as many here seem to be, so getting a G and OT would be a positive for me. Also think that if Green returns, which I believe will happen, that we need to bolster the WR group with young talent to protect from highly injury prone players like Green and Ross missing tons of games. With the depth at the position in the draft, you could do that without spending too high a pick.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Walterfootball's 1/29/2020 mock - samhain - 02-02-2020, 03:29 PM
RE: Walterfootball's 1/29/2020 mock - CJD - 02-06-2020, 11:41 PM
RE: Walterfootball's 1/29/2020 mock - CJD - 02-08-2020, 03:53 PM