Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crockpot Pork Loin Back Ribs
This year I only had a few people over for the Super Bowl. So I decided to do ribs in my slow cooker. I bought 4 lbs of pork back ribs. For prep flip them over and slice the membrane on the bone side and peel it off (holding it with a paper towel helps since the membrane is slippery). I was feeling lazy so bought a Kansas City BBQ dry rub I found in the season section of Kroger instead of making my own. Applied the dry rub liberally to both sides of the ribs. Cut up half an onion and a few cloves of garlic. Put the ribs in with onions and garlic, cook on low for 8 hours.

Close to serving time, set oven to broil, remove the ribs from the slow cooker with tongs and place them on a foil lined baking tray for easier clean up, coat them with BBQ sauce (I used Montgomery Inn Sauce), and broil for about 10 minutes to add a bit of char.

They came out great. Due to slow cooking the meat just falls off the bones and is moist and tender. A lot of the fat cooks off and ends up in the bottom of the slow cooker. Broiling the sauce on gives it a nice BBQ taste and I think the dry rub helped a lot with flavor as well.

I also made crab cakes but they ended up a bit bland so I won't share that recipe. :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Crockpot Pork Loin Back Ribs - George Cantstandya - 02-03-2020, 03:39 PM
RE: Crockpot Pork Loin Back Ribs - Benton - 02-04-2020, 10:21 AM