Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Oline - where is it really ?
We all knew before the season started that this line was going to stink. Hart starting? Glenn at guard? Then when Boling retired and JWill got hurt ... and Price still not good enough to play? Puke. IMO, the only starting-quality NFL talent we have are Glenn and Hopkins -- and even they are lower-level starters that really need to be surrounded by 3 other superior players. Everyone else is either a backup/bum (Hart, Jerry, Miller, Redmond) or undeveloped potential (Williams, Johnson, Jordan, Price, Prince, Dugas). I think we need at least two starters (RT and RG) either in FA (yeah right) or the draft, rolling out JWill (LT), Glenn (LG), Hopkins ©, ?? (RG), ?? (RT) to start the season. If Williams struggles, swap him and Glenn early in camp.

Unfortunately, I think the powers that be feel differently about our line. They see it as a young group, full of potential, that improved toward the end of the season. So I wouldn't be at all surprised if they have Williams, Glenn, Hopkins, Miller, and Hart penciled in to start the season again (would have been fine last year if healthy!), sign no FAs, and wait until Rd. 5 to draft some random OG to develop.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Oline - where is it really ? - 'E' - 02-05-2020, 01:09 PM
RE: The Oline - where is it really ? - 'E' - 02-05-2020, 02:42 PM
RE: The Oline - where is it really ? - shanebo - 02-05-2020, 11:47 AM