Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Oline - where is it really ?
(02-05-2020, 11:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep.

The problem with Price is this...
- He's a better fit at C than G. This has a decent amount to do with his incredible lack of length.
- The Bengals found a better C in Hopkins, so they tried him elsewhere so that they weren't putting a 1st rounder on the bench.
- He hadn't played Guard since 2016, so he was very rusty trying to go back without having a full offseason to prepare.

At this point, the best option is to keep Price on the bench for a year and really groom him at Guard. Yes, it sucks to do that with a 1st round OL in his 3rd year in the league, but they don't really have a better option at this point.

Agree Price is a better fit at center , personally I don’t think he has the traits to be a quality NFL guard. Like others have said it dosen’t make sense to cut him money wise. I think best option with Price is to trade him to a team looking for a center. Price essentially has two years left because we’re not going to pick up his 5th year option. I think Price is more appealing to others teams for a trade this season because they would have him for two years on a rookie contact to asses if he can play well at center.
Jordan can start at center in a pinch if Hopkins ever got hurt.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Oline - where is it really ? - lone bengal - 02-05-2020, 02:56 PM
RE: The Oline - where is it really ? - 'E' - 02-05-2020, 01:09 PM
RE: The Oline - where is it really ? - 'E' - 02-05-2020, 02:42 PM