Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Oline - where is it really ?
(02-15-2020, 04:49 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm adjusting my expectations after reading Hobson describe the team's need to add multiple defenders on day 2.  I tend to think that he's there to pad expectations for the fanbase when something is coming down the pipe.  I'l be pleased as punch if the team manages to find 3 good to solid defensive contributors with said approach, but I still think it's the wrong way to look at things.

Why would you just shut out half of the players available when you pick?  What if a run happens and a really good receiver or OL is available?  I really hope the team isn't married to the plan he lays out.  

As it applies to OL in the draft, I really believe that they could get an upgrade at OG in round 2, maybe even 3.  Why keep running a journeyman in Miller out there if you can get a high upside guy like Kindley to hold the position down for 4 seasons?  It would be cheaper, to boot.

Hobson was talking about the draft?  I thought he was speaking in terms of Free Agency, or maybe that was just some "wishful remembrance" on my part, as I'm sometimes apt to do.

With that said, I've been strategizing my mock drafts to cover 2 OL picks, thinking that the team would be boosting the defense through some sort of free agent moves.  On that thought, I've been able to find quality Tackles in the 3rd round, and good RG candidates in rounds 4-7 with uncanny regularity.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Oline - where is it really ? - 'E' - 02-05-2020, 01:09 PM
RE: The Oline - where is it really ? - 'E' - 02-05-2020, 02:42 PM
RE: The Oline - where is it really ? - SunsetBengal - 02-16-2020, 11:39 AM