Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Oline - where is it really ?
(02-07-2020, 08:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: They need massive upgrades at the Guard position.  One can come from the draft but I really hope they go with both a RT and RG in the draft and get a FA LG.  

I would rather them spend on FA and draft these positions than any other except the first pick, QB.  I could see them trading back in the 2nd round to try and pick up an additional 3rd rounder and they could go QB, RT, RG, and LB in those first four picks.  I know it is stupid to say things like "get your guard in Rd 3", but there is a pretty solid talent pool of guards that could allow for that.  

The best offenses still trump the best defenses...we saw it again in the Super Bowl.  The Bengals will not have a very strong offense unless they have significant improvements on the offensive line.  I don't see those improvements coming from just adding Jonah Williams.  He could help, but they need much more than just "another year older".  

Trouble is the front office does not value guards. The good ones they do draft are allowed to walk in FA. Rarely do they draft guards in the first 2 rounds, Steinbach and Zietler being exceptions. The sad part is all of the best Bengals teams in franchise history had a common thread: Top 5 o lines. The line will continue to suck until ownership changes their tactics and improves their drafting acumen.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Oline - where is it really ? - 'E' - 02-05-2020, 01:09 PM
RE: The Oline - where is it really ? - 'E' - 02-05-2020, 02:42 PM
RE: The Oline - where is it really ? - t3r3e3 - 02-16-2020, 12:41 PM