Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Lead story on pro football talk about Burrow not wanting to play here.
(02-06-2020, 01:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, he wants nothing to do with Cincinnati. That's why he's banging around with Sam Hubbard at the Super Bowl. They've probably already made plans about what they are going to do when Burrow gets into town....

I heard Joe Burrow's father talk on local Radio here in Cincinnati a few weeks ago (after LSU had won it all)

His father said that it was only a couple years ago that Joe was starting to think of a Career in a regular world job (that did not involve the NFL)

He wasn't starting at Ohio State and making the NFL seemed less likely than him having to use his education to get a typical Career going using his College degree.

Joe's sudden rise to College Football stardom and consideration as the number one overall pick in the NFL Draft is something his Father said he and Joe consider a great honor.

His Father said that playing for any NFL team would be an Honor.

I expect that Joe's father will advise him to take the high road and appreciate the position he is in.

I doubt they would throw any NFL Franchise under the bus after the way I heard Joe's father speak.

I expect Joe to thankfully accept being chosen by any of the NFL teams as an Honor that just a couple of years ago seemed like more of a long shot to him.

When Joe's father was asked specifically about the not so successful Bengals taking him he said that Joe would consider it a challenge to win in Cincinnati and implied that Joe would willingly take on that challenge.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lead story on pro football talk about Burrow not wanting to play here. - depthchart - 02-06-2020, 02:12 PM