Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Listening to Trade Offers from Five Teams
(02-10-2020, 03:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We'd essentially be downgrading from Burrow to Herbert (or a giant risk in Tua) for the 18th, 26th and a 2nd rounder.

Not worth it, IMO. Burrow is a dream QB prospect. Herbert is a pretty average prospect. He wasn't even going through progressions in that offense.

...and what if we whiff on even one of those other picks and Burrow hits? We'll regret it for the rest of our lives.

I live in Duck territory, so I've seen my share of Herbert. He's not a bad player, but I don't see him as some kind of answer. One of the biggest issues I always saw is that Herbert doesn't really have that defining moment outside of his Rose Bowl performance. Even when Oregon would have to march down the field for game winning/tying drives, it was either dump off throws or runs. 

It's possible that a proper coaching staff could get more out of him, but I don't see him becoming an elite franchise QB.

(02-10-2020, 03:02 PM)Synric Wrote: Dolphins are also talking to Detroit.

https://clutchpoints.com/dolphins-rumors-miami-trying-to-engage-lions-in-trade-talks/

Detroit is sitting in the best position in this draft. It's basically a guarantee that it'll go Burrow and Young at 1 and 2. After that, kind of a crap shoot. You could seem someone giving up a lot to get Tua, an OT, or a DT. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Listening to Trade Offers from Five Teams - Bengal Dude - 02-11-2020, 01:56 AM