Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Votto looking “in best shape of his life”
(02-21-2020, 08:14 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Lifting weights doesn't help your numbers if all you're interested in is fouling off pitches until you get ball four. He needs to work on not overthinking everything and focus on trying to attack on offense instead of being defensive on offense. It's not as complex as he makes it out to be. "See the ball. Hit the ball." He's either trying to either walk or get the perfect pitch to hit on each at bat. Since most MLB pitchers rarely throw a strike down the middle, why not try spending ST working on hitting non-perfect pitches? Nope. He's going to practice that stupid check swing for most of ST, start slow like he does every year and then maybe, he won't suck the rest of the year after a couple of months of "warming up". Fingers crossed (again).

I agree..Being jacked means little when it comes to just hitting the ball. Eye to hand coordination and timing is farm more important than pure muscle. One of the best pure hitters I knew growing up with a skinny dude without much muscle, but he could put the bat on the ball every time. Big, strong guys tend to swing and miss a LOT.. I'm not much of a fan of homerun or bust hitters. I'd take a .389 hitter all day over a guy who can hit 40 homeruns, but strikes out 600 times in a season. Remember Dunn? I couldn't wait to get rid of the guy.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Votto looking “in best shape of his life” - grampahol - 02-22-2020, 01:41 AM