Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Votto looking “in best shape of his life”
(02-21-2020, 08:14 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Lifting weights doesn't help your numbers if all you're interested in is fouling off pitches until you get ball four. He needs to work on not overthinking everything and focus on trying to attack on offense instead of being defensive on offense. It's not as complex as he makes it out to be. "See the ball. Hit the ball." He's either trying to either walk or get the perfect pitch to hit on each at bat. Since most MLB pitchers rarely throw a strike down the middle, why not try spending ST working on hitting non-perfect pitches? Nope. He's going to practice that stupid check swing for most of ST, start slow like he does every year and then maybe, he won't suck the rest of the year after a couple of months of "warming up". Fingers crossed (again).

Yep

I really hope Votto gets it back together, I really do !!

I believe he's waiting on the perfect pitch every at bat. Like you say he's rarely gonna get it. To have any hope of returning to prior form he HAS TO get more aggressive.

My fear is he's well entrenched in his head case ways, hope I'm wrong.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Votto looking “in best shape of his life” - bengalfan74 - 02-23-2020, 08:45 PM