Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Votto looking “in best shape of his life”
(03-01-2020, 01:10 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'd take some skinny runt of a kid who can hit .300 in the 2 hole any day over some aging "jacked" guy who only hits decent towards the end of the season. They need someone truly hungry for the 2 hole with the talent to pull it off. Votto kind of reminds me of an aging politician running for office when there are clearly better options.
I like Joey Votto and hope he has a great season, but if he doesn't hit anywhere near league average the first few months he needs to be dropped from the 2 hole..End of conversation..

Thinking of aging players gasping for a spot.. How about Scott Schebler's throw to the plate yesterday to save a run? So it was from LF, but still better than nothing..
https://www.mlb.com/reds/video/scott-schebler-nabs-miller-at-home?t=spring-training

I agree gramps

Votto comes out the first month hitting his usual season starting .125 with 2 RBI's he needs to swallow his pride and drop down to 6th or 7th. I question the wisdom of putting him there to begin with ? His base running has never been great but the last couple seasons it's really dropped into the gutter.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Votto looking “in best shape of his life” - bengalfan74 - 03-01-2020, 01:23 PM