Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on bringing Burfict back
(02-24-2020, 05:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Feel the same, loved Burfict as well but we need LB's that are young, athletic, can cover and tackle and don't have a concussion
history. Give me any one of Jamie Collins, Trevathan, Littleton or Schobert over Burfict at this point. Wouldn't matter anyways if 
Burfict changed up his game, he would be in stripes again and it wouldn't matter. He is a target for the refs to make an example
of and it would be even worse if he came back here.

I was about to start a thread about this.  

Personally, I'd at least bring him in for a workout and training camp because he still has the ability and, if he has cleaned up his game, he'd be a beast.

We need playmakers on defense and he knows that he'd be on a short leash with the NFL, so he'd be doing everything he can to make sure that he plays within the rules.  He'd be a veteran presence that I think the young guys would look up to and be able to follow.

He has only played 79 of 128 games, so he has less wear-and-tear than a normal veteran his age, which you could argue that his style of play has shortened his career more than other players, but I still think that he has the ability.

I don't think his phone will be ringing off the hook, so we could get him at a cheap price, and I think he'd be a nice addition to our d and give us another playmaker that we need.

BRING HIM IN!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on bringing Burfict back - BFritz21 - 02-24-2020, 06:26 PM