Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on bringing Burfict back
(02-24-2020, 06:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was about to start a thread about this.  

Personally, I'd at least bring him in for a workout and training camp because he still has the ability and, if he has cleaned up his game, he'd be a beast.

We need playmakers on defense and he knows that he'd be on a short leash with the NFL, so he'd be doing everything he can to make sure that he plays within the rules.  He'd be a veteran presence that I think the young guys would look up to and be able to follow.

He has only played 79 of 128 games, so he has less wear-and-tear than a normal veteran his age, which you could argue that his style of play has shortened his career more than other players, but I still think that he has the ability.

I don't think his phone will be ringing off the hook, so we could get him at a cheap price, and I think he'd be a nice addition to our d and give us another playmaker that we need.

BRING HIM IN!

The wear and tear is with his head and I am not just talking the concussions which he has a significant history with.

He just cannot hold himself back when he is on the field. Love the way he played in his prime and he will probably always
be one of if not my favorite Bengal Linebackers but I doubt he just comes back here and is like he was in his prime and 
cleans up his hard hitting ways. Don't know if this is something he cannot get out of his game.

Especially this late in his career.

(02-24-2020, 06:29 PM)kdgjr Wrote: Agreed, plus, I don't think his problem is technique based. I think he's just not wired to control himself when it comes to game time.

Spot on. Dude is wired to take dudes out. Not something you just change on the fly.

(02-24-2020, 06:58 PM)jason Wrote: This is exactly it. Like I said in my post, he's not outta control off the field. Something snaps when the ball is kicked off on Sundays.

He'd have been a damn folk hero even 20 years ago, but that isn't football anymore.

So true. Back in the day he would of been considered one of the greatest. 

Times have changed and we need to change with them.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on bringing Burfict back - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-24-2020, 07:07 PM