Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on bringing Burfict back
(02-24-2020, 07:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The wear and tear is with his head and I am not just talking the concussions which he has a significant history with.

He just cannot hold himself back when he is on the field. Love the way he played in his prime and he will probably always
be one of if not my favorite Bengal Linebackers but I doubt he just comes back here and is like he was in his prime and 
cleans up his hard hitting ways. Don't know if this is something he cannot get out of his game.

Especially this late in his career.

That's what I'm saying, though, because it sounds like he's working on all that because he knows that this would be his last shot, and it sounds like he wants to prolong his career, so he's changing his ways.

People point to that playoff loss as a reason to say he can't contain himself, but I disagree:  he had just made an interception to win the city its first playoff game in forever, goes back into the locker room, has to come back out after Hill fumbles, get his mind back on track, and then actually tried to avoid hitting Brown when he was initially just trying to make a play.

I don't think it could hurt to at least bring him in and the upside is too much to deny.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on bringing Burfict back - BFritz21 - 02-24-2020, 07:36 PM