Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow wants to play with AJ Green on the team
And can you blame him for being outspoken on that notion? A fully rejuvenated AJ Green paired with the deadly accurate Joe Burrow throwing to him, would be a beautiful thing to watch.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/25/joe-burrow-message-bengals-wants-play-with-aj-green/?fbclid=IwAR0aaEqnnmPaOV89CzKRuhPTkmMHWEZyjHqi8SjZ3zAlkA0ZS06nJSeLJE4

Quote:Tuesday at the NFL combine, Joe Burrow didn’t just say he wants to play for the Cincinnati Bengals — he also noted he’d like to play with a guy named A.J. Green.

Let’s just say Green has some leverage in his negotiations with the Bengals now.

Burrow made the comment in his presser, according to Bengals.com’s Marisa Contipelli: “With any rookie quarterback the more help you can get the better… if I’m lucky enough to be drafted first overall I’d like to have him on the roster.”

In other words, Burrow is already signaling to the Bengals moves he’d like to see before likely becoming the first pick in the draft.

Green and the Bengals have been deadlocked on extension talks since last year, with the veteran’s season-long injury this past season complicating matters.

Before these comments, it seemed like this was going to result in a franchise tag. But with the team’s next potential franchise passer making his wants clear ahead of free agency, we might see a Green extension sooner than expected.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Burrow wants to play with AJ Green on the team - SunsetBengal - 02-25-2020, 08:09 PM