Poll: What would you prefer to do?
Extend AJ Green beyond the Franchise Tag now.
Let AJ Green play with the Franchise Tag
Trade AJ Green for a draft pick, no earlier than #20 overall and no lower than #25 overall (just thinking about the average point value, not the teams picking there)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you want to do with AJ Green?
(03-23-2020, 08:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is really one impact of the rookie wage scale that isn't often recognized as to how it could actually HURT veterans.  If it was the old system, you would be paying a guy like Lamb what you would be paying for a guy like Green...and he would be an unknown.  Now, with the rookie wage scale, it is a tremendous savings to have a high draft pick compared to a high-dollar veteran.  It isn't just at QB.  

James Rapien, when on Mo Egger's show, used to call Andy Dalton: "Blandy Dalton".  I didn't much care for the name, but there is some truth to it.  Aside from some late-game heroics against the Ratbirds a few years back, Dalton, while a very solid QB, doesn't set fire to ticket sales like Brady.  He would signal a clear stop-gap.  My hope was a team like the Pats trades for him and he has a career year (but still loses in the playoffs to the Bengals  Ninja).  I just think the excitement meter to sell to fans is pretty blah for him.  AJ, maybe a bit of the same since he has been injured so much.  I guess the bet on AJ to have a good year and see what this offense can become is the smart play so long as they don't wait until next year to draft his long-term replacement.  

Finding his replacement this year would be the way to go, since rookie WR's can take a year to get going.  AJ pretty much hit the ground running but guys like him are rare.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you want to do with AJ Green? - McC - 03-23-2020, 09:10 AM