Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Mock unless there's a trade
(04-06-2020, 01:02 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Chinn is intriguing. I can't think of a player who's moved up more dramatically on the TDN draft simulator. I remember seeing him being there in the 5th and 6th rounds. Now, it looks like he'll go in the 2nd. It would be a surprise, I think, if we went safety in the 2nd, but it's possible that Delpit drops, and Chinn Dugger, and Antoine Winfield could all be targets for us, especially if we plan to trade Shawn Williams. Even if we don't we might end up with a safety. 

Ruiz might go in the 1st, but if not, he's likely to be the best IOL available in Round 2. I know Ezra Cleveland's stock has risen at OT, but his rise is tied to his combine performance, not his actual play here at Boise State. He's ok, but not a 2nd rounder. Now, if Josh jones is there, I think we should run to the podium.

At LB, I just hope we grab an ILB and an OLB. Two of any of these guys would be fine with me.

2nd Round: There's a chance Murray or Queen falls.
3rd Round: Malik Harrison /Logan Wilson / Willie Gay
4th Round Akeem Davis-Gaither / Troy Dye 
5th Round Shaq Quarterman / Evan Weaver
6th Round Justin Strnad 

At WR, I really see only 3 candidates, Reagor, Higgins, and Shenault. 

Which way are you leaning? I think I'd lean Oline, LB, WR, S, in that order. We need to win in the trenches. I wan't to see what Mixon can do behind a REAL Oline. And, of course, we have to protect Burrow. 

With you on everything but the WR ratings...I have to lean LB first, then WR, then offensive line.  I see a guy like Damien Lewis that could be a beast of a RG.  I think the Bengals are pretty happy elsewhere right now.  Even with Hart at RT, he is improving and is only 25.  Whit didn't start outside until he was 27.  People forget that....and they might have found a real gem in Fred Johnson.  He can push Hart to start at RT or backup both tackle spots.  

At the Top of Rd 3, I would see Bryan Edwards, Michael Pittman, or Chase Claypool.  I really like Claypool, but I think the Bengals will prefer Edwards.  

I am really, really hoping Queen falls to them at the top of Rd 2, and they double dip in LB by taking a day 3 LB in rd 4-5.  Personally, I hope Damien Lewis in Rd 4 and the extra LB in Rd 5.  

The real challenge for me will be can they slide in Rd 2 and gain an additional 3rd rounder.  If they do that, it will likely go from LB to SS in Rd 2.  That is where the top talent is falling for the safety position.  They could then get their LB AND WR in Rd 3, and then the guard in Rd 4.  

As much as I would love to have the extra pick, I am not letting Queen go if he is there at #33.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last Mock unless there's a trade - SHRacerX - 04-06-2020, 05:43 PM