Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Bengals Get Many Trade Offers Before Friday Night
(04-23-2020, 12:59 AM)kevin Wrote: Bengals will take Burrow, but after Thursday Picks a QB will be there that some teams want bad at start of 2.  Also some teams may be interested in Dalton after Bengals pick Burrow.  A team wanting Dalton and whoever they covet at pick 33,  but for that a team has to sweeten the pot for Bengals by some good picks such as their 2 and maybe their 3 and maybe more.  

I'm not saying Bengals trade out of 33.  There may be somebody there Friday Morning that Bengals want bad Friday Night.   I am saying Bengals will get some very tempting offers.  There will be a QB that some team wants bad at 33.  Or the idea of getting Dalton and taking a top RB or whoever at 33.  

The Bengals will get some offers for 33, that you can count on.

I looked into this back in February in this thread. History suggests there won't be QB desperate teams and the offers will be more of the "hey, how about 33 for 48 and next year's 5th" variety

If a team covets Love or Fromm aren't they going to trade up to the back of the first to take them so as to get the 5th year option e.g. like Ravens for Lamar Jackson in 2018, Vikings for Bridgewater in 2014, Redskins for Patrick Ramsey in 2002? All taken with the 32nd pick.

Since 2000 the 33rd pick has only been traded 4 times and never for a QB.

One was the previous year before they knew it was the 33rd, one was trading up into the first leaving just two teams trading up for the 33rd.

2017 Browns moved up from 33rd to 29th for Ndjoku

2015 Giants traded up from 40 to 33 for Landon Collins (cost them 108th and 245th)

2010 the Patriots received a 2011 2nd round pick from Carolina that turned out to be the 33rd

2007 Cardinals moved up from 38 to 33rd for Alan Branch (the Raiders received the 105th)

I'd suggest the QB needy teams will have already been speaking to SF with the 31st pick (they also have the 13th but no more picks until the 5th round so are prime candidates to trade back) and Kansas City with the 32nd pick (only 5 picks)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Get Many Trade Offers Before Friday Night - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 04-23-2020, 07:33 AM