Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Don't forget about Redmond at RG
(04-28-2020, 03:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: Those down on Filo lack the facts. The Cowboys did not want to see him go, especially as the line performed better when he was in. 

The Cowboys wanted him to return as a BACK UP, and apparently no other team was willing to pay him starter money.

I tend to think that with 32 teams bidding a player generally gets what he is worth.  So excuse me for not being thrilled about a guy we got for $2.6 million this year.  That is less than John Miller got paid, and just $500K more than we are paying Alex.  I was not a big fan of Miller, and some have said that Su'a-Filo will fit our blocking scheme better, but I sure don't see him as a big upgrade.

I am sure Su'a-filo will get a chance to compete for a starting job, but I hope to hell are coaches don't already have him written is as first string.

And I am not pimping Redmond for the starting spot.  I am just remining people that he is an option.  I rarely see his name mentioned when talking about potential starters at OG.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't forget about Redmond at RG - fredtoast - 04-28-2020, 03:46 PM
RE: Don't forget about Redmond at RG - CJD - 04-28-2020, 08:29 PM