Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Might Have Football This Season!
(05-07-2020, 09:11 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, September seems like a long way off (or even August, if you're talking pre-season), but man, that's going to be here in no time.  Empty stadia may be the only responsible action, especially to a lawsuit-wary NFL.  Maybe MLB can be inventive and strike a balance somehow and give the NFL a blueprint.  Guess time will tell.  

MLB being inventive? Lol. :) They're the ones that will be sticklers. It's America's past-time, next to NASCAR.

But yeah, I would be shocked if MLB returned first and required 8ft in between people's seats and discovered a way to keep people distant anywhere inside the park.

Many theme parks are opening up with plans (Disney, Cedar Point, etc), so they will probably provide a blueprint also, but MLB - they are always behind the times. I imagine Disney will be much tougher than they think, with uncontrollable kids and all.

Of all sports, seems like Golf and Tennis are the easiest to return (although the participants would have to be checked before game). Rarely kids running around rampant in golf, stadiums are small in Tennis (could have smaller audience), easy to keep golfers away from each other. Granted I would love to watch a baseball game as long as there was nobody seated around me within 8ft, how will they make this happen considering all the seat jumpers would just go to the front? Lol. Physically remove seats or block them somehow.

NBA is the progressive sport, they're the ones that change things, they're the ones that caused the ball to roll. I would be surprised if MLB did anything "first", but considering they're a summer sport, they need to think about it (and they're surely worried about their money too).
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: We Might Have Football This Season! - reuben.ahmed - 05-08-2020, 09:07 AM