Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A dip into the Kool-aid
I'm optimistic that they're in the process of turning it around. I'm just not so sure all things considered that we're making the playoffs this season ?

Taylor had a lot of things going against him last season, there's little doubt. And I'm willing to give him a 2nd chance this season to prove he's a capable play caller. They've taken big strides in improving the team as you point out. But now we need to see the results on the field.

And we can see the results without it always resulting in wins. Curt Warner made some remarks about Burrow that make sense. I can't find the video right now but basically he says. "Don't make the measure of a rookies success about X number of wins, X number of TD's and yards. The important thing is, is he understanding the playbook, is he finding the open receivers, is he improving at going thru his reads, and so on ? It's not always going to translate into W's"

And that's basically how I feel about the team in general this season, I've stated it many times. I want to see improvement in the chemistry, I want to see a team that looks like they belong, are "in" games, converting on 3rd down with some success, and just on and on. And it's not always gonna show up in the W column.

Having a team that's "in the mix" isn't out of the question. But it was a lot to fix in one offseason. If we see that improvement even if we're not in the playoffs I'll be happy.

Yes I'm drinking the Kool-Aid I guess ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
A dip into the Kool-aid - 3wt - 05-21-2020, 12:29 PM
RE: A dip into the Kool-aid - bengalfan74 - 05-22-2020, 08:49 AM
RE: A dip into the Kool-aid - 3wt - 05-22-2020, 02:26 PM
RE: A dip into the Kool-aid - SHRacerX - 05-22-2020, 10:22 AM
RE: A dip into the Kool-aid - 3wt - 05-22-2020, 02:33 PM
RE: A dip into the Kool-aid - sandwedge - 05-22-2020, 11:23 AM
RE: A dip into the Kool-aid - 3wt - 05-22-2020, 02:34 PM