Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XSF excited to compete for starting job
(06-02-2020, 01:42 AM)Joelist Wrote: Not really. Webb never really showed anything. XSF not only broke into the lineup last year but he was actually good - their run offense was rather better when he was in there.

Agreed, Webb was a depth signing, XSF is competing for a starting spot and has very high upside.

(06-02-2020, 08:18 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I disagree. 
Webb was a late body signing by.the staff who had coached him before more or less just being ok with him having been in Lous system in the past. 

XSF is not a body signing. He is here to compete.

Typically OL improve til about year 7, then they are at their peak in years 8-12 before they start to decline.

Webb was 29 when we signed him. Db's that haven't shown anything up to that age usually aren't going to. 

Dbs peak in their 3rd year, after that, they usually show a slow but steady decline. Ofc as always their is exceptions like Woodson, Peterson and Daryl Green, but this is the general rule.

Anyways, I can't really name a DB that has been in the league for 5+ years that suddenly became a starter for a few years like I can guys on the OL. 

Ps speaking of OL, wasn't our LS Clark Harris named to his first Pro-Bowl at the age of 30-31? 

Agree as well. Nice post Mike. I see no similarity whatsoever between the Webb and the XSF signing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: XSF excited to compete for starting job - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-02-2020, 03:06 PM