Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like Camps will go on as scheduled
(06-26-2020, 09:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I understand everyone's lack of optimism here, but the one thing that everyone needs to understand is that the two sides that are in control of this (Owners and Players) WANT to have the season.  There is so much revenue and the players need/want their salaries.  It isn't like baseball where there are 162 games to generate revenue from attendance so even if the average NFL team has 15% capacity and forces masks (which should make for some funny sounds), they will still generate massive TV revenues.

If there is a player with an immune disease that has legitimate fears of complications from the virus, then he will be able sit the season out and there will have to be some kind of small settlement for him.  

The interesting thing will be how when a team has an infected individual, even asymptomatic, is how long they will be forced to sit out.  I'm guessing two weeks.  The team that has the most mature, dedicated, and protective conditions around their players will win it all this year.  If you have Piggy going to bars when he is out of town, he and a lot of his guys will get the virus and forfeit a portion of their season.  

The sad thing is it will only take one guy being selfish during the season to infect some of his teammates.  For their salaries, and to make it work this year, they are going to have to be extremely careful and just live like monks during the season.  

All that being said, I do believe there will be a season in the NFL.  College I am not so sure.  

You had me saying maybe until you said had to be monks. Football players will never live like monks. They are risk takers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looks like Camps will go on as scheduled - Luvnit2 - 06-26-2020, 09:38 AM