Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Price interview with D&H sports
(06-26-2020, 10:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree.

To me Billy Price was the biggest disappointment on an entire team of dissappointments last year.

I don't judge players by their rookie seasons, and I really thought Prices struggles in 2018 were mostly due to recovering from and injury andnot being able to lift over the offseason.  I 100% expected him to be a key to improving our O-line last year.  

But he looked bad last year.  So bad that I no longer have a lot of hope for him.  But he is still very young and he had some other injury issues in 2019.  If he comes in 100% healthy and plays like a first round pick he could be a life saver.  

I realize there is a bnig element of "hoping and wishing" when it comes to Price being good in 2020, but I still think OG is the weakest positionon the team.  People don't want to admit it, but there is also a lot of "hoping and wishing" when it comes to Su'a-Filo (a back up since being cut by the Titans in 2018 and signed for less than we paid Miller) and Michael Jordan (4th round pick who looked real bad last year).

I am not rooting "for" or "against" any of these guys.  I don't care which one(s) step up.  I just want someone to. 

Absolutely.

The Bengals have the following at OG:
- XSF: 7th year veteran who has been a backup for the past two seasons.
- Jordan: 2nd year player who was probably the worst or 2nd worst OL last year.
- Price: 3rd year player who has already been moved to backup after his rookie season of poor C play. He was even worse at G last year compared to C the year before.
- Adeniji: Rookie 6th round pick who has good length but is moving inside to G after playing 4 years outside at OT in college.

As you said, a lot of hope but not much proven success by any means.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Billy Price interview with D&H sports - ochocincos - 06-26-2020, 11:05 AM