Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(07-14-2020, 03:01 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: And the inevitable response from the conservative friend.......

.......that’s fine and dandy....but it doesn’t change one damn thing about the percentage of the population in this state who have died from Covid 19. If I stand naked grabbing a barbed wire fence during an electrical storm my chances of getting hit by lightning go up dramatically. But...I don’t do that. So talking about the survival rate after the fact doesn’t begin to speak about the infinitesimal chance of dying of Covid 19 in the state of Iowa. The very obvious bottom line is 755 people out of a population of 3,123,899- 3,155,070 (depending the source used for Iowa’s population) leaving the entire population with a .024 chance of dying from Covid 19. I choose to not hype the information.

In February, Covid 19 was totally contained. Only 15 total cases and soon to be down to zero. That 15 turned into 3.4M cases with over 130K deaths. Ask your conservative friends if that sounds contained.

Let’s put it another way. If I was a contractor doing a simple home repair for you and gave an estimate of $15, but five months later said the job was gonna be $3.4M and counting with no end in sight to the repairs, why the F would you believe me?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-14-2020, 04:23 PM