Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(07-14-2020, 12:33 AM)BrownAssClown Wrote: My brother's father-n-law died just over 2 months ago "most likely" from Covid-19. He was a Japanese man that lived in Sendai, Japan. He was 85 and fell ill and was taken to the hospital and died there a few days later. The reason I say "most likely" is because on his death certificate it list "pneumonia" as the cause of death, but he tested positive for Covid-19 while in the hospital, I don't know if Covid was listed as a contributing factor though. My brother's in-laws told him that the virus is worse and more widespread there than the Japanese government is reporting also. They believe the man that came to the house to sell my brother's father-n-law fish( yes...they have door-to-door fish salesman in Japan) passed the virus to him, because that man also tested positive for Covid-19 and it was the only person he had been in contact with during that whole month.
I wouldn't doubt there are times Covid is not the cause of death, but I just wonder how many of the over 500,000+ people worldwide that tested positive and died would still be alive right now if it wasn't for this virus, I would wager most of them.

Yeah, Japan really took a firm "if we don't test, there can't be positive cases" approach, and only shut down things for about a month.

(07-14-2020, 04:02 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't know what to tell you. I'm not following all of it super close other than local news. There are so many variables in how the infection rate is affected there is no way to be certain. It could very well be under reporting both in Iowa and Ohio, but that also could mean there are deaths that were really linked to COVID-19 that they don't know about. When cases go unreported you can't say it will push the numbers one way or the other because you really don't know. We can only work with the numbers we have.

In Ohio, roughly 16% of all positive cases are from people living in or working at nursing homes. Meanwhile about 70% of all Covid deaths in Ohio have been in nursing homes.

No reason not to wear a mask, but for the general public here you're pretty good so long as you're not at a nursing home according to the numbers.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - TheLeonardLeap - 07-15-2020, 06:44 PM