Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9th Circuit appeals court strikes down CA magazine ban
(08-16-2020, 05:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Oh, my 870 kicks like a mule. It's just barely over an 18 in barrel and I've been too cheap to get a new one. I let a Scout shoot it when I was teaching the shotgun merit badge. This hoss of a 17 year old, who was not inexperienced with a shotgun, gave it up after one shot. I laughed so hard. And it was only a 2.75" trap load in it. LOL

Yeah, if you're not prepared a 12 gauge or other big bore is unpleasant to shoot.  I always work people up to them gradually.  Plus, there's no quicker way to turn someone off shooting than to give them a round they can't handle.  Not that you did that, a field round in 12 gauge is nothing, but many people do because they think it's amusing.

Quote:I've considered getting more into waterfowl, which would be the only reason I'd get a semi-auto, I think.

We don't get a lot of that here, or at least I haven't really explored it.  I am big on feral hog hunting as they are so destructive.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 9th Circuit appeals court strikes down CA magazine ban - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-16-2020, 06:07 PM