Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread
Gray and Reds had the lead and Iglesias didn't do his job in the 9th. Yes, Iglesias had 30 some saves in 2019, but also had an ERA of over 4.00 which is high for a Closer, and Lorenzen was tried at Closer in 2019. So blowing saves is becoming standard for Iglesias. So far in 2020, he is not that good. It is time to demote Iglesias again and try someone else as Closer.

That is one game. There are 3 more with Cardinals. Reds need better outings from Disco, Miley, Mahle if they intend to win 2 or 3 games. In a short season, if Cardinals sweep Reds, it is bad news on trying to finish 2nd or 3rd place play-off hopes.

In Fantasy I added and dropped Iglesias lately. There just isn't room to keep him and others are leaving him a free agent also. Then there is Castillo. I should drop him. I hang on to him and drop better pitchers, but he needs to get it together fast.

So if all Reds have is Gray and Bauer, that isn't enough. Castillo and Iglesias are not very good so far, and that is bad news for Reds. The bunch of Disco, Miley, Mahle need to be as Johnny Bench commercial next 3 days in " NO STINK ". Somebody besides Iglesias and Lorenzen needs moved into the Closer spot NOW, due to short season. I'll tell you, changing Closers is basic. Most have 1 or 2 good years and just fizzle out. Very few have long careers as Closers. You look around MLB, teams change Closers a lot. Iglesias has earned a demotion. Someone else needs to Close next Reds Save type game. In 2019 and 2020, Iglesias is one of the worst Closers in MLB, blowing too many games, most teams would have replaced him at Closer by now.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread - kevin - 08-21-2020, 01:46 AM