Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread
(08-26-2020, 10:48 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: 7 inning double header tomorrow which helps Cincy.

I'm guessing this is a local issue with MLB since they don't have many African American players compared to white or hispanic players. The black hispanic players didn't grow up with the fear of American Police officers so this is one of a million other things they have to adjust to in a new country or culture.

The NBA is consisted of mostly African American players so I can understand why the whole league boycotted.

I get it.  I support what they're doing.  It's something anyway.  But the people in charge of police departments have to make the changes.  What are they doing to change things?

The problem is, it's such a complicated process in the real world.

First is the number of the type of cops who will shoot in these type situations.  They might be cops for year before such a situation happens to them.  How do you know when you hire them if they have that in them.

It's a matter of losing their cool under duress.  You can't simulate that at the academy.

So, first, you have to find them and then you have to weed them out. 

And you have to change policy but you can't be too soft. 

It's like saying get rid of gas burning cars.  Okay.  What's the first step?

Sorry for derailing the thread. As you were.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread - McC - 08-26-2020, 11:21 PM